TEAM CYF (children, youth and family) is a dynamic group or ministry of people ranging in ages 10 to 86 years of age who CARE about young people. This ministry meets regularly to provide good counsel in areas such as Faith Formation, Youth Group, Mission trips, engaging worship, fun outings and meaningful service opportunities. Youth are an integral part of the whole faith picture at Trinity UMC. Equipping leaders at a young age is innovative, smart and fun!
Trinity UMC offers a variety of Faith Formation opportunities for YOUth:
8th graders participate in a relational and experiential process from September to May. Confirmands meet 2x a month on Sundays from 5:30 to 7:00pm enjoying a variety of learning opportunities through lessons based in Methodism, interactive activities, special guest speakers, meals, mentors and more! Service opportunities and diverse worship experiences are part of the journey as is an off-site retreat. Family involvement makes for more meaningful connections during this exciting time on the faith journey. Schedule is subject to change depending on the size of the group. Holy moments are too numerous to count! ‘Firming up the faith’ at Trinity UMC is memorable and meaningful!
High School YOUth
Friendships, connections, worship, service and fun rank at the top of this ministry! Offering a variety of spiritual growth opportunities throughout the year to high school youth including a safe place to be and hang out with friends is TOP priority. Check out this list:
- Serving at Just Harvest on the 3rd Friday of the month, a feeding ministry in Rogers Park; followed by going out for pizza or pasta
- Serving in the Pumpkin Patch during the month of October. This serving raises money for the summer mission trip
- Studying faith issues through a small group experience using current issues as they relate to spiritual growth and life long relationships
- Summer mission trips involve planning, fundraising and educating the congregation on the importance of mission trips as Christians (Tanzania 2009, Detroit 2010, Rogers Park 2011, Detroit 2012). Summer 2013 is DETROIT!
- Supporting the church community by sharing their gifts and talents in worship, on ministry teams, in Sunday School classes, helping with fundraisers and building community through positive, Christian actions in a loving, intergenerational environment
For more information please email Catherine Petersen or call 847-251-7333 x-119.