TEAM CYF (children, youth and family) is a dynamic group or ministry of people ranging in ages 10 to 86 years of age who CARE about young people. This ministry meets regularly to provide good counsel in areas such as Faith Formation, Youth Group, Mission trips, engaging worship, fun outings and meaningful service opportunities. Youth are an integral part of the whole faith picture at Trinity UMC. Equipping leaders at a young age is innovative, smart and fun!
Trinity UMC offers a variety of Faith Formation opportunities for YOUth.
CREDO - Confirmation 2014-2015 Starts September 7
7th and 8th grade youth begin a wonderful faith adventure this Fall. CREDO, an offical resource of the United Methodist Church, approved by the General Board of Discipleship and well liked by many neighboring congregations, provides diverse lessons in creative venues. Know Your Story - Confirm Youth Faith - Live Your Commitment are three main themes.
Confirmands meet one to two times each month for Lunch & Lessons from 11:45 - 1:30 pm. We get to know one another and John Wesley, the founder of Methodism. In addition, we travel to other congregations to experience diverse worship styles and other faith traditions and serve in a variety of ways.
CREDO - the Way to firming UP the Faith for Confirmands, is a unique experience in learning about God, our Christian faith and the world. More information coming soon.
High School YOUth
Friendships, connections, worship, service and fun rank at the top of this ministry! Offering a variety of spiritual growth opportunities throughout the year to high school youth including a safe place to be and hang out with friends is TOP priority. Check out this list:
- Serving at Just Harvest on the 3rd Friday of the month, a feeding ministry in Rogers Park; followed by going out for pizza or pasta.
- Serving in the Pumpkin Patch. This serving raises money for the summer mission trip.
- Studying faith issues through a small-group experience using current issues as they relate to spiritual growth and life-long relationships.
- Summer mission trips involve planning, fundraising and educating the congregation on the importance of mission trips as Christians (Tanzania 2009, Detroit 2010, Rogers Park 2011, Detroit 2012 - 2014).
- Supporting the church community by sharing their gifts and talents in worship, on ministry teams, in Sunday School classes, helping with fundraisers and building community through positive, Christian actions in a loving, intergenerational environment.