TEAM CYF (children, youth and family) is a dynamic group or ministry of people ranging in ages 10 to 86 years of age who CARE about young people. This ministry meets regularly to provide good counsel in areas such as Faith Formation, Youth Group, Mission trips, engaging worship, fun outings and meaningful service opportunities. Youth are an integral part of the whole faith picture at Trinity UMC. Equipping leaders at a young age is innovative, smart and fun!
Trinity UMC offers a variety of Faith Formation opportunities for YOUth.
Confirmation 2013-2014 - Let the Faith Adventure Begin!
7th and 8th grade youth are beginning a wonderful faith adventure this Fall. As United Methodists, we will find out what it means to understand the five responsibilities of living out our faith: Prayers. Presence. Gifts. Service. And, Witness. Confirmands meet one to two times each month for Lunch & Lessons from 12 - 1:00 pm. We will get to know one another and John Wesley, the founder of Methodism. In addition, we will travel to other congregations to experience diverse worship styles and other faith traditions, serve in a variety of ways, and participate in an extraordinary retreat at Stronghold Castle in the Spring when several other UMC churches will explore the theme: Hide n Seek: Straight Talk with God. At Trinity UMC, 'Firmin' Up the Faith' is a unique experience in learning about God, our Christian faith and the world! 7th graders will enjoy a two-year spiritual formation process and be confirmed in May of 2015. Current 8th graders will be confirmed May 18, 2014. Confirmation ON!!
High School YOUth
Friendships, connections, worship, service and fun rank at the top of this ministry! Offering a variety of spiritual growth opportunities throughout the year to high school youth including a safe place to be and hang out with friends is TOP priority. Check out this list:
- Serving at Just Harvest on the 3rd Friday of the month, a feeding ministry in Rogers Park; followed by going out for pizza or pasta.
- Serving in the Pumpkin Patch during the month of October. This serving raises money for the summer mission trip.
- Studying faith issues through a small-group experience using current issues as they relate to spiritual growth and life-long relationships.
- Summer mission trips involve planning, fundraising and educating the congregation on the importance of mission trips as Christians (Tanzania 2009, Detroit 2010, Rogers Park 2011, Detroit 2012 and 2013). Summer 2014 is DETROIT!
- Supporting the church community by sharing their gifts and talents in worship, on ministry teams, in Sunday School classes, helping with fundraisers and building community through positive, Christian actions in a loving, intergenerational environment.